Different individuals need differing approaches, to the best approach, for them, personally, in terms of their diet, and exercise programs! It requires a thorough approach, and consideration, and a realization, although, proponents of certain programs, proclaim, they are best, there is no such thing, as a one – size – fits – all, approach. If you wish, or need to, lose weight, either for health/ medical reasons, or for personal ones, it may be wise, to proceed, using this 5 – step, approach, to proceeding, With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, what these steps are, and, hopefully, benefit you.
1. Short – term goals: Do you know, the best way to eat an elephant? One bite, at a time! To apply this, although, you may wish to lose a significant amount, over the longer – term, it makes lots of sense, to, break this into steps, and short – term, weight – loss goals. This helps one, consider, their progress towards their longer – term aspirations, and what they believe, is needed, and necessary.
2. Intermediate – term: The first month, or two, is generally, a good, short – term, period, and, the intermediate – term, may be, somewhere in the three, to six – months, period, dependent on their overall goals, self – confidence, personal attitude, etc.
3. Longer – term: When you determine, the total amount of weight, you hope to lose, it is smart, to select, a time – period, to achieve this. Perhaps, it’s related to a specific event, or, based on how much weight, you want, or need to lose! It may also, depend, on, whether this, is being done, because of medical recommendation, etc.
4. Commitment, and discipline: Whichever, technique, or plan, or combination of plans, you decide to use, it will only be successful, and provide, the most desirable results, if you maintain considerable commitment, and maintain the discipline, to follow – through! Which diet – plan, you choose, should depend on several factors, but, initially, you should evaluate, what you will have to do, and determine, which one, might best serve your needs, and personality, etc!
5. Gauge success: Once one, has successfully pursued, the previous, four – steps, it is important to gauge your success, and, realize, it is also, necessary to keep those pounds off. How will you commit, to ensure, you don’t become, a, yo – yo, and continuously, lose, and gain weight, which becomes frustrating, and discouraging!
Your health options, are, always, up to you! Are you prepared, to take the personal responsibility, needed, and necessary?