Everyone loves a charming skin – a skin free from pimples, dark spots and fine lines. But few are those who care to put in effort and make up to keeping the skin clear and healthy. Pointing to the reasons for the same to laziness or lack of time won’t be enough to be excused. It is not that tough and time consuming if you opt for natural ways to keep the track of healthy and good looking skin. Ayurvedic treatment for acne and pimples can give you a permanent solution by controlling over-production of sebum, which is the root cause of acne.
Being a very generic issue, acne or pimple is a long-term skin related disorder. It is caused when the hair follicles of the face, chest, and back get clogged by either dead skin cells or over-production of sebum (an oily substance) by the sebaceous glands attached to these hair follicles takes place. Sebum is actually good for skin. It acts like a natural moisturizer that protects the skin from getting dry. But several factors like hormonal imbalance, pollution, stress and certain medications (like steroids, oral-contraceptives, drugs) triggers the sebaceous glands to produce excessive sebum. As a result, our skin starts shedding dead skin cells at a higher rate, which combines with the extra oil. Bacterium Propionibacterium acnes also gets in the mix, causing the skin pores to clog. This clogged-up visualization is what we term as pimple.
Blackheads, Whiteheads, Cyst, Nodules, Papules and Pustules are the different types of pimples. Each one has its own level of severity but these all start with clogged-up pores. Pimples generally affect the face, neck, shoulders and back areas.
Pimples are considered as normal part of puberty. About 85% of teens have acne during their adulthood. Also, people who experience hormonal changes such as those during pregnancy, depression and stress are more likely to develop pimples. Some facts also reveal that out breaking of pimples is gender specific skin problem. Females are more susceptible than males. This is because females undergo a menstrual flow which activates the hormones causing pimples.
The exact reason as to why some people have acne while others do not is not clear yet. There are many factors like heredity, eating habits, age factor that may develop acne and pimples. Though, it is not considered as a critical condition, severe pimples can cause permanent scars. Therefore, it is important to know what one should and shouldn’t do to keep the skin acne-free.
• If you wear cosmetic or sunscreen creams and lotions, make sure they are labelled as “non-comedogenic “. This label ensures that the product won’t clog your pores.
• Do not wash your face too frequently. Washing twice a day with mild soap is sufficient.
• Do not ignore pimples. However, appearance of one or two pimples is normal.
• Do not rub or squeeze your pimple
• Avoid irritant cosmetics
• Maintain hygiene
There are no serious health hazards associated with pimple but pimples do affect the self-esteem of an individual. Therefore, it is good if one takes an immediate action on developing pimples. Pimples are easily treatable and resolve within a few days to some weeks. There are countless cosmetic products on the market that claim to cure pimples. But the downside is that these products take a long span. However, ayurvedic treatment for pimples is a proven method to effectively cure the pimples just within a short period of time.
Apart from ayurvedic treatment, one can also adopt various home remedies to cure pimples:
• Egg Whites are good source of proteins and vitamins. Also, these soak up extra oil from the skin, i.e. extra sebum. Apply a whisked mixture of egg whites on the affected area.
• Raw papaya is beneficial for numbers of skin-related problems. It contains an enzyme called papain, which helps in reducing inflammation and pus formation.
• Vitamin-C rejuvenates the skin cells. A paste made from orange peels and water, if applied on problematic areas can improve the clogged-up pores.
• Tea tree oil is beneficial for acne. It is not oily in nature. It helps to unblock the pores.
• Banana peels contain lutein- a powerful anti-oxidant. Rub banana peels in a circular motion over your face. It reduces the inflammation and redness of acne.
• Aloe-Vera gel can fight acne. It also has an anti-bacterial property which in turn makes it harder for bacteria to thrive. Apply the gel on your face and wash after 20 minutes with cold water.