I suggest you give these a try:
1. A hot shower. Taking a hot shower allows the hot water to run over your body and loosen up your muscles. Tight muscles are often the cause of headaches. This is a simple natrual headache cure you should be able to do rather quickly and it is often very effective.
2. Aromatherapy. If you are like me, some of these natural methods seem a little silly. I often don’t believe in the natural ways of solving issues. However, aromatherapy has been one that has worked for me. Sandlewood, peppermint, eucalyptus, lavender and many other aromatherapy oils have been proven to relieve headache symptoms. Give it a try.
3. Deep massage. Again the cause of headaches is often stress and tight muscles. A deep massage on the neck, face and/or shoulders can do wonders for curing your headache symptoms.
4. Using pressure points. Again this seemed a little fishy to me. However, I have found great relief by rubbing the fleshy part between my thumb and pointer finger. This is a pressure point that helps to relieve the headache symptoms. I’m not a doctor thus I’m not quite sure why this works, but it does and that is all that matters to me.
5. Large glass of water. Probably the easiest of all natural headache cures has to be drinking a large glass of water. Many headaches are caused by dehydration. Getting water into our system can just the ticket to finding your headache relief.
6. Diet. That’s right, eating good foods can often keep us from getting headaches. If you keep track of when you get headaches and log what you ate that day, you can often find foods that trigger your headaches. Once you find some pattern to your diet and headaches, you can reduce the amount and times you eat those certain foods.
7. Calcium supplement. By adding calcium to your diet, your muscles can relax and the blood flow increases. This can have a positive effect on your headache symptoms. To take it a step further, include magnesium in your calcium supplement and see increased benefits of this natural headache cure.
8. Ice Pack. Using an ice pack on the painful area will help to reduce the inflammation in that area. Just put the ice pack on for 5-10 minutes and see if that gives you some relief.
Finding natural headache cures is the way to go. If you can use one of the above methods to take care of your headache, you will save yourself time and money. Again, if these don’t work, make sure you visit your doctor for the next steps. Good luck in your pursuit of a pain free life.